In order to certify your enrollment to the VA or process your state benefits, each Dependent needs to fill out the following paperwork.
- Chapter 33 (Transferred Post 9/11)
- Percentage of tuition, general university fees, book stipend, and monthly housing allowance.
- This benefit must be transferred to dependents prior to the service member leaving active duty.
- Chapter 35 (Dependents' Educational Assistance Program)
- Dependent of a veteran who is 100% permanently and totally disabled or died as a result of service connection.
- Monthly stipend
- Alabama State GI Scholarship
- Tuition and books for 10 semesters
- Disability Requirements: Beginning in July 31, 2017, veterans must be rated 40% or more due to service connected disabilities or have held the qualifying rating at the time of death, be a former prisoner of war (POW), declared missing in action (MIA), died as a result of a service-connected disability rating or died while on active military service in the line of duty.
- Residency Requirements: Talk to your local VA Office
- Must apply for this benefit through your county VA office.
- Mandatory FERPA form must be submitted.