Financing Your Education
Financing your education is an important part of attending college while using a Federal or State VA Educational Benefit. The following resources are designed to assist all potential JSU students understand what college really costs:
- JSU Student Aid Calculator - The Student Aid Calculator will help you to get a good idea of what your education will cost here at JSU while factoring in many variables (this is essentially a customized Financial Aid Shopping Sheet for each student).
- Steps to Accessing your College Financing Plan
- Log in to MyJSU
- Select "Financial Aid"
- Select the appropriate aid year from the drop-down in the top, right corner
- Select "College Financing Plan" from the tabs at the top of the screen
- JSU Estimated Cost Calculator - The Estimated Cost Calculator is intended to provide an estimated cost of attendance for each term a student attends JSU.
- Tuition Assistance (TA) DECIDE - This dynamic information and comparison tool is designed specifically to aid participants of DoD's Tuition Assistance (TA) program in making informed choices on schools and education programs.
- GI Bill Comparison Tool - This is a comparison tool designed by the VA to assist service members, veterans, and dependents to understand how their benefits will pay out at a particular college or university.
- College Scorecard - This is information on JSU provided by the US Department of Education.
- College Navigator - This is information on JSU provided by the National Center for Education Statistics.
Don't forget that all military-connected students at JSU may be eligible for Financial Aid and Scholarships that will help offset the cost of attending JSU. Please contact the Financial Aid office for more information.