For a complete list of requirements for transfer students, review the Admissions Procedures in the Undergraduate Catalog.
- Student must complete the JSU admissions application.
- Student must submit the required $35 application fee.*
- Student must submit official transcripts from any college attended.
- 2.00 transfer grade point average (GPA)
- 24 hours of transferable credit
- Students with fewer than 24 hours of transferable credit must meet freshman admissions requirements, unless they have an earned associate's degree
- Must be eligible to return to any previous institutions attended
*Application Fee Waivers: JSU will accept requests, for first year students who have a financial need, to waive the $35 admissions application fee. Transfer students who send a FAFSA to JSU that has a pell eligible estimated family contribution (EFC) or student aid index (SAI) will be considered for a fee waiver. Students may complete an admissions application and select that they will be requesting a fee waiver to submit their application. Documentation of that request will be added as a supplemental item to complete the application.
JSU offers merit-based scholarships open admission beginning in October of each year.
View Transfer Scholarships
Upcoming Events & Important Dates
Merit-Based Scholarship Awarding Begins
July 1, 2023
PTK Transfer Scholarship Deadline