Title IV Credit Balances
JSU will determine the amount of Title IV credit balances. If it is determined that a Title IV credit balance has been created, JSU will refund the credit to the student within (14) calendar days from the date of disbursement.
Disbursement Schedule: Refunds are processed when financial aid is disbursed to student accounts. The student must meet ALL requirements in order to receive a refund, therefore; these dates may vary for each student.
- Fall and Spring refunds are processed daily for the first two (2) weeks of the semester
- Summer refunds are processed daily for the first one (1) week of the semester
- Thereafter, refunds are processed weekly
You may refer to your JSU Email or My.JSU for the refund status or for financial aid questions please contact their office at 256-782-5001 or email@example.com.
Get your refund faster with Electronic Direct Deposit!
We now offer Electronic Direct Deposit (EDD) for a more secure and timely receipt of your student account refund. You will need to sign up for EDD through My.JSU no later than the last day to register/due date.
Enroll today by:
- Logging into MyJSU
- View Account/Make Payment
- Set-up Account
- Choose Existing Account OR add New Account
- Remember to toggle the box beside "Check here if you would like refunds to be deposited into this account"
NOTE: Only one Electronic Check (checking/savings) saved payment method can be designated for EDD. Debit or Credit Cards cannot be used for refunds. Parent Plus Refunds are not eligible for Electronic Direct Deposit; checks are mailed to the parent.
You must be enrolled in EDD no later than the Last Day To Register/Due Date that is published each semester in order to receive your refund electronically.
JSU does not charge a fee to have your student account refund forwarded to your mailing address of record. If you would like your check sent to your mailing address you will need to contact us each semester; otherwise, you will pick up your refund at the campus mail center. Here's how to request a mailed check in lieu of EDD:
- Use the handy Contact Us form
- In the "Subject" dropdown menu, choose Refund
- In the "Question or Comment" section let us know you want your refund forwarded to your mailing address and list the correct address.
- Please note: this address must match what we have as your mailing address of record or we cannot send the check to you.
- If your address is not correct, you will need to update your personal information with the Registrar’s Office or through your Self Service Banner by logging into My.JSU then complete the request form to our office
If you have enrolled in the Home Mail Forwarding Option for the sole purpose of having your refund check sent to you, you can Opt-Out through My.JSU. Please keep in mind, this will stop all mail from the university (correspondence, notices, fliers, etc.) being sent directly to you should you choose to un-enroll in Mail Forward Home. You will also need to follow the instructions above to request that your check be sent to your mailing address of record.
Refund for Dropping* a Course
Tuition will be refunded as follows for dropped courses during all semesters/summer terms:
- 100% of total tuition charged for the dropped course if the drop occurs by the last day to register.
- No refund for dropping of a course after the last day to register for that semester/summer term.
Note: Drop refers to dropping one or more courses while still enrolled in any other course(s) for the semester/summer term.
Refund for Withdrawals for Fall and Spring Semesters
Tuition will be refunded as follows for fall and spring semesters:
- 100% of total tuition charged if withdrawal from all courses from the semester occurs by the last day to register for the semester.
- 80% of total tuition charged if withdrawal from all courses from semester occurs within one (1) week after the close of the registration period.
- 50% of total tuition charged if withdrawal from classes occurs within three (3) weeks after the close of registration.
- No adjustment if withdrawal occurs thereafter.
Refund for Withdrawals* for Summer Semesters
Tuition will be refunded as follows for summer semester:
- 100% of total tuition charged if withdrawal from the summer term occurs by the last day to register for that term.
- 80% of total tuition charged if withdrawal from a summer term occurs within one (1) day after the close of the registration period for that term.
- 50% of total tuition charged if withdrawal from a summer term occurs within two (2) days after the close of registration.
- No adjustment if withdrawal occurs thereafter.
Note: Withdrawal refers to ending enrollment in all classes at JSU for the semester/summer term.
How To Withdraw
If you have registered but do not wish to attend, you must notify the Registrar's Office in person or in writing (certified mail suggested) by the last day to register for the semester in order to receive a full refund/credit of tuition charged. Failure to assure this notification may result in academic and financial penalty.
If you have been assigned housing but do not wish to attend, you must notify University Housing & Residence Life. Please contact their office for refund policy. Failure to assure this notification may result in academic and financial penalty.
If you are scheduled to receive financial aid, but do not wish to attend, you must notify Financial Aid by the last day to register for the semester in order to cancel your financial aid. Failure to assure this notification may result in academic and financial penalty.
All remaining charges are due and payable upon withdrawal or dropping of a course.