Graduate Certificate in Emergency Preparedness Nursing Coordinator
The graduate certificate program in emergency preparedness nursing coordinator is available for non-degree students who wish to specialize in the area of emergency preparedness. Upon satisfactorily completing the requirements of the graduate certificate (comprehensive exam is not required for the graduate certificate), an entry will be made on the student’s transcript. All courses are delivered through distance education. 100% online!
A student who completes the graduate certificate may apply these hours of credit toward the Master’s of Science in Nursing with a concentration in Emergency Management degree.
Please review the Graduate Certificate Program Disclosures for information on costs, financing options, student indebtedness and completion for each Graduate Certificate Program.
Applicants for the Graduate Certificate in Emergency Preparedness Nursing Coordinator must submit the following:
- Completed JSU graduate application.
- Non-refundable $35.00 application processing fee.
- Bachelor's degree with a major in nursing from a regionally accredited university with a professionally accredited nursing program.
- Official transcripts from the postsecondary institution awarding the bachelor's degree. (Students who have previously attended JSU do not need to request a transcript from the University.)
- Three "Graduate Reference Forms" completed by individuals who can provide qualitative assessment of the applicant's potential for success in graduate course work. This form is available in Graduate Studies or online at www.jsu.edu/graduate
- A current unencumbered RN license in the United States.
Required courses for the Graduate Certificate in Emergency Management Nursing: (15 hours)
*You may view the course descriptions in the Graduate Catalog
EM 505 Foundations of Emergency Management (3)
EM 545 Emergency Preparedness (3)
EM 555 Disaster Response (3)
EM 575 Medical Aspects of Emergency Management (3)
EM Elective Select one of the following courses:
EM 548 Vulnerability and Capacity Building (3)
EM 570 Biosecurity (3)
EM 576 Healthcare Leadership for Mass Casualties (3)
Jacksonville State University
700 Pelham Road North
Jacksonville, AL 36265-1602
Online Graduate Admissions
Ms. Tammy Johnson, BS, MPA
Director of Academic Advisement and Certification