- Pre-plan your route.
- Allow adequate time to arrive at your destination.
- Be extremely alert for vehicles, pedestrians, scooters and bicycles moving in the wrong/opposite direction than they should be traveling.
- Remember, bicycles and scooters must follow the same traffic laws as those traveling in vehicles (yielding to stop signs, traffic lights, etc.).
- It is strongly recommended riders wear a helmet and bright or reflective clothing while operating a bicycle and scooter.
- Remember to lock your bicycle or scooter while not in use.
- Owners of bicycles and scooters on JSU property are encouraged to register and obtain a free bicycle/scooter decal from Parking Services.
- Cross the street only at designated crosswalks.
- Stop, look and wave at drivers before entering a crosswalk to make sure they see you and you see them.
- Do not be distracted by electronic devices.
- Pay attention to your surroundings.
- It is recommended that you wear bright or reflective clothing when walking or jogging.
- Slow down and observe the posted speed limit.
- Do not drive while distracted by electronic devices.
- Park your vehicle in a central location on campus and walk to all classes when possible.
- Park only in designated parking spaces and in your zone.
- Do not park where your vehicle impedes/blocks travel lanes and/or roadways.
- When backing out of a parking space, turn your head and look closely behind and around all sides of the vehicle.