Medical Emergencies

If an individual is physically injured, ill, or suffers an accident on university premises contact, contact the University Police Department at 256-782-5050 or 911 to report the incident. The University Police Department will request medical assistance from the Jacksonville EMS. The Jacksonville EMS will assess the situation on the scene and determined if further treatment is necessary. Jacksonville EMS can transport to a local hospital. If the patient does not require further treatment or refuses medical attention, the Jacksonville EMS will have the patient complete a refusal of treatment on scene.