Ways to Give
This link will give you detailed information on how to give to the JSU Foundation.
The mailing address of the JSU Foundation is
Jacksonville State University Foundation, Inc.
700 Pelham Road N
Jacksonville, AL 36265
For any donations, please provide your name, address, and how you would like your gift credited.
Publicly-traded stocks and bonds that have current marketable value will be accepted at any time. Valuation of the gift will be the average of the high and low trade prices of the security on the day it is irrevocably transferred to the Foundation. Commission and sales costs will be paid from the proceeds of the sale of the security.
Details can be found at (link to Ways to Give) under “Securities”. You will find a like to the securities donation form. For any questions about the form, please email the JSU Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Randy Owen Center for the Performing Arts (the ROC) – The ROC will be a place where the community can come together. It will be a place that will play host to a myriad of diverse engagement events focused on the performing arts, education, and programs for the youth of Alabama. With a 1000-seat auditorium, a recording studio and music production rooms, indoor rehearing space for the Marching Southerners, the largest college marching band in the nation, and other educational spaces, the ROC will shine at JSU. It is an important place that will make JSU the center for the performing arts for our region.
- Scholarships – Scholarships open the door to possibilities for students at JSU. Scholarships allow students to stand on the shoulders of the university to be able to reach their dreams. Giving to scholarships solidifies the leaders of tomorrow.
There are two types of scholarships: endowed scholarships and annual scholarships. They work like this:
- Endowed Scholarships – Endowed scholarships live on in perpetuity. At JSU, endowed scholarships start at $25,000, which can be paid all at once, or with making a pledge to pay that amount over a five-year period. A set amount of earnings is paid out each year to the scholarship recipient, leaving the original amount untouched so that it can continue to produce earnings.
- Annual Scholarships – Annual scholarships are awarded each year donations are made to the scholarship. The amount donated can be the amount awarded. If no donation is made for a particular year, the scholarship will not be awarded. Annual scholarships can be named beginning at $2,500.
For more information on setting up a scholarship, please call the University Development Office at 256-782-5605 or email Bill Nash at email@example.com.
- Gamecocks Rising – A major shift was announced in late 2021. JSU athletics will be transitioning from the ASUN conference and joining Conference USA (C-USA). While most JSU sports have already been competing in Division I sports, this move will have a huge impact on football. While expenses will increase for all sports, football will be impacted most. The number of scholarships will increase from 63 to 85 and travel expenses will go up. This opportunity opens up many doors and will increase the visibility of the university. Donations to our athletic programs and facilities will go far in keeping JSU competitive. We are excited and look forward to our “Gamecocks Rising”! To find out more about athletic needs and priorities, please contact Ed Lett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit the Giving Priorities information to learn more