Frequently Asked QuestionsYou'll find the answers to our most commonly asked questions below.
Continuing Education (CE) can be defined as formal non-credit courses of independent study designed for adult or part-time students. Open enrollment classes are typically ongoing, available on-demand, and provide skills training, certificates, and industry certification. Courses are divided into two basic categories:
- Leisure Learning classes offer opportunities to explore new ideas, skills, and viewpoints. Courses in dance, photography, and other personal interests allow you to keep a sharp mind, make new friends, and become part of a growing community of lifelong learners.
- Professional Development courses are an indispensable tool for new job training, advancing existing skills, and updating Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
Continuing Education and Outreach (CEO) at JSU provides both online and classroom courses, all materials provided, with no high school diploma or admission application required.
You can go to our Sign-up page to create a new account.
Note: you must have a valid email address to set up an account with us.
You can request a Password Reset via email.
The email will be sent to the address listed in your account. If you no longer have access to that email address, please contact us at 256.782.5918 or ConEd.Help@jsu.edu to restore your account.
Doctors, nurses, lawyers, CPAs, and other professionals must earn a specified number of credits each year to keep their certification or licenses to practice current.
You will find CEUs and hours for each course listed in the catalog.
To see a list of courses in which you are enrolled, visit the Registration History page* then click the appropriate button:
- Upcoming Courses - view a list of your upcoming courses with dates and location
- Completed Courses - view a list of completed courses with the hours and grades earned
Note: Account login required
Closings of state offices/agencies include JSU and its Office of Continuing Education and Outreach. We will make every effort to reschedule such classes. Announcements regarding closings and other emergencies are broadcast on WLJS-91.9FM, 91.9FM. You can also check the JSU website for closings or cancellations.
In case of a severe weather alert during a class, instructors or other responsible parties will direct students to a predetermined safe location. Safe areas include stairwells, restrooms, or other ground-level areas without windows. Each classroom has an emergency evacuation map indicating the nearest secured location.
Your Privacy is important to us.
To protect it, we take every available measure to insure you against the loss, misuse, and alteration of data used by our system. For details, view the JSU Privacy Statement.
Mailings and Subscriptions
Our email marketing is permission-based. If you have received a mailing:
- You have shared your address expressly for receiving information ("opt-in").
- You have registered, purchased, or otherwise maintained an existing relationship.
- A third party has referred you.
We will always respect your time and attention by controlling the frequency of our mailings.
Sharing and Usage
We will never share, sell, or otherwise convey your personal information to anyone without your express consent unless ordered by a court of law. Your contact information is used for the express purposes of communicating with you regarding ongoing business and sending announcements and other pertinent information based on your request. We will never share, sell, or otherwise convey your personal information to anyone without your express consent unless ordered by a court of law.