Testing Services administers a variety of computer-based and traditional paper-pencil format standardized exams to JSU students, prospective students, and the community at large. Testing services are offered at convenient times in a quiet and comfortable environment. For detailed information about each specific test, please click on the items listed on this page.
Exams must be scheduled in advance and we will do our best to accommodate your requested time. Appointments can be scheduled during the hours provided below:
Testing Services Appointment Scheduling Availability:
Monday-Thursday: 8:15-11:00 am & 1:15-2:30 pm
Friday: 8:15-11:00 am & 1:15-2:00 pm
Note: Appointments will not be scheduled after 2:30 pm Monday-Thursday or 2:00 pm on Fridays to allow ample time for completion of exams before the lab closes. Afternoon scheduling is subject to change on days when the Houston Cole Library closes early.
- For additional information you may call (256) 782-8378, email email@example.com, or come by Testing Services which is located in the Student Success Center on the ground floor of the Houston Cole Library (Room B22).
- Hooded Shirts/Pockets, watches, ball caps, electronic devices are not allowed in the testing room. You will be asked to remove these items.
Jacksonville State University's Testing Services office may determine it necessary to change the location, date, time, etc. for any of the examinations CS administers. Administration of an examination may be postponed, delayed, or canceled for any cause that could not be prevented by Testing Services to include "acts of God," such as fire, flood, tornadoes, storms, an outbreak of disease, or other natural disasters; or by acts of the military, political, or government authority.
On occasion, with computer-delivered tests, unforeseen technical difficulties may delay the start of an examination or require a rescheduling of the test. On the odd occasions, technical difficulties may disrupt testing causing the inability to report scores or the necessity to restart a test. Technical difficulties do not include any types of user error.
If any of the above situations occur, Testing Services will allow the examinees: (1) to retest at a later available date at no additional charge or (2) to receive a refund of the original testing fees.
Note: Examinees who paid by cash or check must receive their refund by check. Checks will be available 7-10 business days after refund request.
ETS Proficiency Profile Assessment
Students who are completing their graduation requirements this semester may now take the EPP using an online, non-proctored version at a time that is most convenient for them. Please check with your Certification Advisor for email instructions.
If you are unable to take the test online, please contact JSU Testing Services at firstname.lastname@example.org‚ or (256) 782 8378 for an appointment in the JSU Testing Center.
- MAT - Miller Analogies Test - An ability test that requires examinees to solve word analogy problems. Several JSU graduate programs require the MAT as part of the admission process. (Computer-base test). $90.00 to be paid at time of testing.
- CLEP - College Level Examination Program - Provides tests that allow students to earn college credit by taking exams instead of taking the classes if students score high enough. (Computer-based test). A fee of $35.00 to be paid at time of testing. CLEP is now offering a free online program which offers a free course, sample exams and a voucher to cover the cost of the CLEP exam when ready. Register online through clep.org/practice.
Check with the Registrar's Office before registering to make sure CLEP will go toward your requirements.
- Residual ACT - Provides students that have been accepted to JSU with an ACT score that can only be used by JSU for specific program requirements or scholarships. It is not transferrable to any other institution and cannot be used for NCAA eligibility. Test questions measure knowledge in English, mathematics, reading, and science. (Paper test). The exam cost is $75.00 and must be paid upon registration to reserve a seat. Please email email@example.com for additional information.
- National ACT- National American College Test-The ACT score can be used for admission to any university. Testing dates, payment and registration on www.act.org. Testing is on the JSU main campus.
- Proctored Exam - Proctoring services for JSU, other universities colleges and entities that utilize distance learning. There is a $35.00 charge for non-JSU exams, paid at time of testing. No charge for JSU exams. Instructors located near JSU are expected to administer exams to local JSU students. (Computer-based and paper tests). Questions and instructions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If proctoring for more than one exam, the cost will be $25.00 per exam.
- AECTP (formerly APTTP) - Alabama Educator Certification Testing Program - Has been replaced by Praxis. JSU does not currently administer this exam.
- ALSPT - Alabama State Personnel Department - Statewide written examinations for various jobs posted by the State of Alabama Personnel Department. (paper test)
- EIPA Written Test and Knowledge Standards - The comprehensive multiple choice test evaluates the interpreter's understanding of information that is critical to performing with students in an education setting. (Computer-based test) There is a $35.00 charge, payable the day of the exam. You must register online through www.boystown.org.
- Makeup and Proctored Exams - These exams must be by appointment only.
Walk ins are not permitted. Please check with your instructor before scheduling.
- ACT Work Keys Required by Alabama Law Enforcement Agencies, school employers as well as other employers. Workkeys is available in several subjects. Please check with your potential employer as to which subjects they require. Cost is $25.00 per subject payable at time of testing. Call to schedule an appointment.
- PROVEXAM - Alabama Certification for Electricians, Plumbers, Heating and Cooling, just to name a few. Register and make payments through ProvExam.
- National ACT with Writing
Testing Services requires an authorization form be attached to each copy of each test for every student needing to make-up an exam.