JSU has policies and procedures in place for addressing academic grievances and violations of the Student Code of Conduct.
- Each College has a process for responding to academic grievances.
- The Vice President for Academic Affairs responds to undergraduate requests for reinstatement.
- The Office of Graduate Studies handles academic grievances for graduate students.
- Student Affairs addresses violations of the Student Code of Conduct for undergraduate and graduate students.
We will log your complaint from information provided on the form below:
- Date of filing formal complaint with the VPSA.
- Date the incident occurred.
- Date of any informal meetings with the institutional officer responsible for the area in which the complaint is made.
- Outcome of informal meetings.
- Nature of the complaint.
If the complaint falls within the policies and procedures for grievances already in place at JSU, the VPSA will refer the complaint to the appropriate institutional officer. Steps taken by JSU, and an outcome of the complaint will be on file in the Office of the VPSA. In addition, the Office of the VPSA will keep a log of the complaint and implement investigatory proceedings relative to the complaint, if warranted.