Out-of-State Fees

Residency determination and the application of out-of-state fees and tuition will be made in accordance with the laws of the State of Alabama.  Undergraduates and graduates should contact the Registrar's office with any questions.  Petitions for in-state tuition that are granted prior to the last day of the drop/add period will be effective that semester.  After the last day of the drop/add period, in-state tuition determination will apply to the next academic semester.  Determination of in-state tuition is not retroactive.

In-State Tuition Policy for Out-of-State Students

In accordance with 16-64-2, Code of Alabama 1975, Jacksonville State University may allow in-state tuition status to out-of-state students who meet certain requirements:

  1. In-State Tuition Request - This request will classify you as an in-state student permanently with the university.
  2. In-State Tuition Waiver - This waiver will provide a student in-state tuition rates as long as they maintain one of the qualifying criteria.  If they do not maintain one of the qualifying criteria, the student would then pay out-of-state tuition rates.

Students seeking either the in-state tuition request or in-state tuition waiver must fill out the appropriate form, sign/date, and return to the Registrar's office with appropriate documentation for consideration before the last day of the drop/add period for that specific term.

If you are a student using VA or military funding, be sure to provide the documents needed to the Registrar's office to ensure that you receive in-state tuition prior to starting classes.  This is very important as VA and military funding will only pay for in-state tuition rates.