Federal Work-Study Program (FWSP) - Federal Work-Study provides part-time jobs for undergraduate and graduate students with financial need, allowing them to earn money to help pay education expenses. The program encourages community service work and work related to the student’s course of study. Students are employed on campus or off campus approximately 20 hours per week at $8.25 and are paid bi-weekly. Students can review available Federal Work Study positions on the Human Resources Employment website. Funds for this program are limited. FWSP community service opportunities are available through the JSU Office of Financial Aid. Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) must be completed. Steps to complete a FAFSA are listed under the FAQ & Hints tab.

 Federal Work-Study Overview:

  • It provides part-time employment while you are enrolled in school.
  • It’s available to undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral with financial need.
  • It’s available to full-time or part-time students.

University Student Assistant (formerly known as University Aid) - Many JSU students work part-time on campus in a variety of departments. These positions do not come through the JSU Office of Financial Aid and do not require a financial aid application. For more information on University Student Assistance Programs, please visit the JSU HR website.

Many job postings are listed on the JSU HR website.

Graduate Assistantships may also be available through the JSU Office of Graduate Studies.