JSU offers a Reduced Credit Hour Option for Professional Educator Certification in Instructional Leadership at the Master's Degree Level for individuals who already hold a valid Alabama Master’s-level professional educator certificate in a teaching field or instructional support area.
- Assistant Principal
Median Annual Salary
Source: Alabama State Department of Education
- Leading to Class A Certificate in Instructional Leadership
- All coursework can be conveniently completed online utilizing a variety of digital tools designed to support learning.
- Classes are small and allow students an opportunity to work with other school leaders from across Alabama.
- All courses are project-based to provide students with authentic activities connected to their schools.
- Students have opportunities to develop professional relationships with their JSU professors as they work together throughout their Instructional Leadership Program (IL).
- The IL Program provides assignment opportunities for students to impact achievement within their school or district.
- Students have an opportunity to develop a mentoring relationship with their principal.
- Students develop and implement an Action Research Project throughout their coursework.
- Internship projects can be completed within the school and or district.