Jacksonville State University has returned to traditional operations for the 2022-2023 academic year, including in-person instruction, social activities, and athletic events. The university is relying on students, staff, and faculty to adhere to best practices in order to continue to mitigate the spread of Covid-19 on campus.
JSU is following CDC guidelines.
Follow this link for guidance on the specific COVID positive test and exposure protocols.
CDC Quarantine-Isolation Calc
Quick Covid Q&A
- Follow full isolation.
- Spend a minimum of 5 days in isolation, with day 0 being symptom onset or positive test if no symptoms.
- You can return on day 6 if you are fever free for 24 hours (without fever reducing medicine) or, when no fever, if your symptoms are improving.
- Wear your mask through day 10.
CDC Isolation Information
- Wear a mask as soon as you know you were exposed.
- Continue wearing mask for 10 full days, with your last exposure to the positive case being day 0.
- If you cannot isolate from the positive, your day 0 is their day 10.
- Get tested 5 days after the exposure and continue to mask through day 10, regardless of the result.
CDC Exposure Information