Mr. William Yarbrough
Instructor - Occupational Health & Safety Management
134 Ayers Hall
I am married to my best friend, who happens to be a Safety professional as well. We have 5 children and a house full of animals...2 dogs, 2 lizards, and 3 tanks full of fish. The house does get crazy at times. I have spent my entire professional career in EHS; and, I would not change that for anything.
Bachelor of Science in Occupational Safety and Health Technology from Jacksonville State University, Jacksonville, Alabama. Received May 1998. Master of Arts in Public & Private Management from Birmingham-Southern College, Birmingham, Alabama. Received May 2003.
U.S. Pipe & Foundry Co., Inc. July 1998 to April 1, 2004
Safety Director - Provided guidance for facility safety compliance, safety training, auditing, security, hiring, and workers’ compensation.
McWane, Inc. April 4, 2004 to April, 2006
Corporate Health & Safety Manager - Provided guidance and auditing support to over 40 manufacturing locations (including international locations) pertaining to all health and safety systems successes, and opportunities.
Amerex Corporation (McWane, Inc.) April 2006 – 2014
Director of Health & Safety - Providing safety guidance, support, and auditing for 500 + employee manufacturing facility and numerous distribution warehouses. (4) Manufacturing Facilities, (4) Warehouses.
Certifications and Training
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) Designation
- Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM) Designation
- Certified Environmental Specialist (CES)
- Six Sigma Green Belt
- Certified Internal Quality Auditor
- Authorized 10 & 30-Hour OSHA General Industry & Construction Outreach Trainer
- Member of the American Society of Safety Professionals (ASSP)
- Member of the National Safety Council
- Poly1 Safety Day Keynote Speaker;
- Worldwide webinar presenter for Pure Safety;
- National Safety Council Conference and Expo (Chicago);
- Presenter at the 2010 Pure Safety Users Group Conference – Nashville, Tn;
- Guest Speaker for VPP Application workshop for Southwire, Carrolton Georgia;
- Provided numerous presentations during internal McWane Safety conferences
- AE 380 - Introduction to Occupational Safety & Health
- AE 384 - Construction Safety
- AE 390 - Hazard Control Technology
- AE 392 - Fire Safety Technology
- AE 484 - Industrial Ergonomics
- AE 485 - Industrial Safety Management
- AE 486 - Safety Performance Management
- AE 488 - Industrial Hygiene
- AE 489 - Hazardous Material Technology
- AE 493 - Senior Seminar
Teach the OSHA 10 for both General Industry and Construction.