Registration for the fall semester is here, and the courses are more exciting than ever!
Whether you are interested in video games, social change or sports, there is a unique course for you at Jacksonville State University. Check out some of the unique courses being offered in Fall 2022.
- ART 438: Game Board Design – Roll the dice and master a new skill in the Game Board Design course. In this specialized graphic design course, you will learn how to use illustrating programs to design game boards.
- BA 505: Overview of the US Healthcare System – Learn all about the history of the country’s health care system in this course. Students will analyze the evolution and structure of the system, as well as learn how issues of quality, access and cost are affecting healthcare.
- CBA 488: Small Business Experience – Small businesses and the issues they face have gained a lot of attention since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic. This management course focuses on the specific skills and challenges that come with starting, maintaining and expanding small businesses.
- COM 440: Campaign Management in Public Relations & Advertising – Do you dream of one day working on a national or local political campaign? In this capstone course, you will learn the principles and techniques of planning, executing, and evaluating public relations and advertising campaigns.
- CJ 365: Case and Court Preparation – In the criminal justice system, collecting evidence and nailing down a suspect are just the first steps in an investigation. Presenting your case in a courtroom is the next step in securing a conviction. In this course, you will learn how to effectively organize and prepare your criminal case to give a successful courtroom presentation.
- EH 252: Introduction to Game Studies – Do you love playing video games and want to turn that passion into a career? Now you can with JSU’s new minor in Game Studies! In this Game Studies course, you will be introduced to the basics of analyzing, writing and designing video games.
- GY 466: Sports Geography – Take your love for sports around the world with this Sports Geography course. You will study locational strategies of franchises, team recruiting patterns, international competitions among countries, and the political economy of sports arenas. The topics to be covered include cultural identity, political geography and sports, sports landscapes, and the origins and diffusion of modern sports.
- HPE 131: Yogi Motion – Pump up the cardio in this fun fitness course that combines dance cardio and power yoga. No previous yoga experience is required.
- HY 305: Soccer as Global History – Kick off the academic year by taking this course that explores the history of the most popular sport in the world. The sport’s impact stretches far beyond the soccer field, and the course will shed light on the history of colonialism, trade and war, as well as survey issues such as gender identity, ethnicity, religion and political and social economy.
- SY 480: The Sociology of Harry Potter – Calling all Potterheads! Do you want to explore the Harry Potter series through a social lens? In this course, we will study representation in the wizarding world, the personhood of magical creatures, and the everyday acts of resistance at Hogwarts. Students are not required to have any prerequisites. Email Dr. Brianna Turgeon at email@example.com if you need an override to join the class!
- THR 383: Puppetry – Do you want to become a puppet master? In this course, you can learn the process of designing, creating and performing puppets.
The fall semester begins Aug. 24. The last day to register or add a class is Aug. 30.