There is no separate application for the #LiveCocky Experience. The First-Year Resident Application serves as the application for the #LiveCocky Experience.
The mission of the First Year Experience (FYE) program at Jacksonville State University is to support the greater missions of the Department of University Housing and Residence Life, the Division of Enrollment Management and Student Affairs, and the university by facilitating a successful transition into the JSU community. The FYE program will promote the academic and personal success of students through intentional initiatives that are designed to enhance the overall student experience.
The First Year Experience at Jacksonville State University seeks to engage students through acclimation to the campus community.
1. Support COMMUNITY development.
2. Engage in responsible behaviors through OVERALL WELLNESS.
3. Foster respect, appreciation, and an in-depth appreciation for CULTURE.
4. Enhance KNOWLEDGE of skills and habits for academic success.
5. Assist YOU in growing and developing into a productive citizen at JSU and beyond.
For more information you may also contact University Housing and Residence Life at 256-782-5122 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Return to Top
Leadership House for Women
The Leadership House for Women consists of 14 women living together with one common goal - leadership! Our students are actively seeking opportunities to become strong leaders on Jacksonville State University's campus.
The Department of University Housing and Residence Life offers the Leadership House for Women to those students who are seeking opportunities to grow and get involved within our campus community. Sophomores, juniors, seniors, and transfer students that have at least a 2.5 Grade Point Average, and at least one semester on campus are eligible to apply.
The Leadership House for Women contains 14 private rooms, each furnished with a full-sized bed, study desk and chair, and a closet. There are two hall-style bathrooms in the house, one upstairs and one downstairs. All utilities (electricity, telephone, water, cable and Internet) are provided. The house contains a fully-furnished kitchen and laundry room. There is a common room with flat screen TV and dining room that residents may use to gather for meals.
The Leadership House for Women program at Jacksonville State University consists of a one year leadership program that provides opportunities for students to study and apply leadership skills such as confidence, integrity, persistence, teamwork and the desire for excellence. Through this program students will have the ability to positively influence both the campus and global communities.
2. Residents will agree to register for the Leadership House for Women seminar each semester. The seminar is a one hour credit course (per semester) which is provided for via scholarship.
3. Residents will be active members of a campus organization, seeking leadership roles where possible.
4. Rising sophomores, juniors and seniors are eligible to apply. Transfer students may also apply if eligible.
5. Residents must maintain a 2.5 GPA or higher and have at least one semester on-campus. Transfer students will be considered pending availability.
Return to Top
The International House Program began in 1946 with five students from France. Initially, the program focused on languages. Today, there are 40 members of the program - 20 American students and 20 internationals. Each international student is from a different country and is roomed with an American student. Though emphasis is still placed on languages, greater emphasis is now placed on the overall aspects of cultural understanding. Truly, the International House Program provides "A Window on the World" for students at Jacksonville State University and the surrounding community.
For more information on applying for the International House, please click here.
Return to Top